Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Min Pin's New Years Resolutions

My Min Pin Marie finally wrote down her 2008 New Year's Resolutions. Since she can't type (or turn on the computer), she asked me to share them with you all. She thinks that maybe, if she puts them out there on the internet for all to see, this will give her some accountability and might just help her keep them. So, here they are, in no particular order.



Marie's New Years Resolutions for 2008



  • Be nicer to my foster brothers and sisters

  • Try not to destroy my stuffed toys (that way Mom won't take them away from me when she spots my stashes of stuffing all over the house)

  • Try to eat slower so I don't choke

  • Lose 3 pounds (Mom says I'm becoming a little fatty)

  • Convince my Siamese cat sister Neika that I'm a nice dog who really wants nothing to do with her anyway and that she doesn't need to hiss at me and run every time she sees me. (I'm not one of my nosy foster siblings after all.)

  • Figure out a way to get into the cats' litter closet so I can raid that litter box.

  • Convince Mom to put the giant stuffed dog on the floor so I can gnaw on it and tell it who is boss.

  • Be much more sneaky when I get up to Mom's workbench to steal anything that smells good. (I really enjoyed that last spool of thread).

  • Continue to sit on the floor and stare up at Dad when he's eating in the hopes that he'll either drop a tasty morsel, or he'll break down and share with me. (Sharing is the nice thing to do after all, its so rude to eat in front of others.)


Well, there you have it. I'm not sure if I approve of some of those, but I do agree, she needs to lose a couple of pounds.


Well, that's all for this time. Thanks for reading. See you at the Dog Park!

No comments: